Sunday, May 25, 2008
Househunting
Thanks to those of you who posted comments on the blog!! I posted on the website because it's easiest to get Cort the pictures, but hey, it was nice to hear from you, too!! So I thought I'd give you a bit of an update. Today a great house popped out at us, and we made an offer (the backyard was so ridiculously enormous -- Cort thought there was a communal playground nearby but it was OUR property -- and it was a GREAT price) but then it had already sold -- it went for sale on THURS and it sold this morning!!! But you know what? Everything has a downside -- there were some nasty looking mean huge dogs next door and they would not shut up while we were outside, so that would be awful -- mostly for Cort, but the kids, too. And it was pretty outdated inside. But then we saw another good one -- the backyard needs some TLC (or as Brigette would say, it's a great blank canvas), but the floor plan is good, and it has more updates than even the great one from earlier today -- all new windows, new oven and microwave and dishwasher, brand new furnace, and new swamp cooler. AND it's at the lower end of our price range, which we should be happy about!! In fact, it's one of the cheapest houses in an expensive neighborhood, which I hear is a good move. We househunted for 9 hours, and then put an offer on this other house -- which took 2 more hours -- and we are still waiting to hear. Hopefully they will let us know by tomorrow, and I'll post pictures of our new home tomorrow!!! I'd post tonight, but I am toooooo dang tired.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment