Sunday, May 4, 2008

elliot's 4 1/2 birthday party






Elliot got a special treat this week -- he finally got to celebrate turning 4 1/2 (which actually happened in March)! It's actually a sad story -- for his 4th birthday party in September, we had his friends over, and he'd asked for cupcakes, but seemed disappointed at the candle blowing. The next day it all came spilling out -- last minute, he'd decided he wanted a large rectangle cake and his birthday's candle wish was that the cupcakes would magically turn into a cake instead. Well, he just had to wait 8 months for the replacement cake -- and now on Friday I have to make ANOTHER one for Ethan's birthday. We will be definitely suffering sugar shock before the week is through...



The good news is we discovered that Claire is for sure a Lynch girl -- she likes her chocolate cake drenched in milk instead of ice cream. Yea! We're weird but we're proud!!



2 comments:

Brigette said...

I love this story - it's never too late for a rectangle cake... beautiful kid-dos -

SLP said...

Corey,
First, congrats on the blog - super cute. Ours is: http://petreydish.blogspot.com

Congrats on landing a job in a WARM location, you must be VERY excited. That said, I cannot believe our little group is dissapating into thin air - Cambridge will never be the same without you.

I am excited to keep up via your blog so keep up the great work!

Hugs,
Stacey, Taylor & Theo