Over three years ago I started working on a puzzle idea that I thought would be a fun toy for my kids to play with. I had been inspired by a jigsaw nativity that my mother-in-law Alyce makes from a pattern. The pieces of the puzzle are figures in the nativity, and the frame is the stable. I wanted to take this idea one step further and paint the pieces on both sides. I decided to do a design for a house as my first puzzle. The front of the puzzle would look like an ordinary chunky wooden jigsaw puzzle of a house, but hidden under the pieces would be a view of the inside of the house. Furthermore, each of the backsides of the pieces would be painted as characters and objects that went with the house, and stood up on their own.
It's such a fabulous idea for puzzle loving kids, between the ages of 4 and 8. I can't seem to be able to post a pic, but here's where they're available to view/buy online:target.com
smallworldtoys.com
To see more pictures of it, check out Vicki's long version of Puzzlekins on her blog.
If any other friends have an etsy shop they want me to advertise on my blog, I will be most happy to do it! Look at these great journals and Aimee... where's your stained glass shop? I have some shopping to do!
2 comments:
Thanks for the free advertising! You're awesome! I am seriously feeling the love here!
BTW, if we end up staying in San Antonio I'm sure we'll visit my sister in Las Cruces from time to time, and it's just a hop, skip, and a jump to ABQ from there... :D
Really neat stuff - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment