... I survived, and the kids had a great time. Cort had a conference in Rochester, NY last weekend, so I looked for cheap tickets to take the family there, for the long weekend, but they were too expensive. Then we looked at other places we'd like to go see. Boston, Billings, hmm, all wicked expensive!! But then we found Baltimore! A few hours later, I found
supercheap tickets to visit our best friends in Baltimore, and we got to visit D.C., which was something I promised the boys years ago. Halfway through the weekend, I ended up getting pneumonia and an ear infection, and on the way home, Elliot fell on a chair and lost a tooth at the DFW airport. I mostly just have pictures of D.C., but it was a great long weekend to let us hang out with friends.


the crew

my favorite aisle in a grocery store, part II -- hummus!

Which one of these children will make it to the White House first?

the original Constitution of the United States

Jefferson Memorial


Claire is contemplating her future appointment in the US Senate

gazing at the Capitol

Elliot's new smile -- sans tooth
Elliot AND I were both surprised the next morning when the tooth fairy left $20 under his pillow (I guess it was $0.50 for the tooth, $19.50 pain and suffering). Still, Elliot was disappointed. "I thought the tooth fairy would put my tooth back in."
No comments:
Post a Comment