Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Ahhh, mother's day. Thank heaven for teachers -- Ethan sweetly gave me a handmade candle votive with a beautiful candle inside, a homemade poster, and this coupon book:
My favorite coupon:
"This coupon entitles the bearer to 'ask for a foot massage.'" Yeah, go on -- ask. He was very sweet all day, and made sure that he was helpful. I am so delighted he will be around all summer to help with the new baby. He and I have been reading the Harry Potter series, and it's been fun to talk about the stories again!

Elliot drew me about 10 pictures that are incredible (and all of various Avatar characters). My resulting conversation with him:

Elliot: "I think because you like my drawings so much and I love drawing so much, I will always draw you a picture for Mother's Day. While I'm a kid."

Me: "While you're a kid? Will you give me anything for Mother's Day when you're grown up?"

Elliot: "I'll probably just buy you a thank you card and put some money in it."

Sweet!

Claire showed interest in potty training, so that's a great gift, too. Cort even got me the Season Two This American Life DVD, so I'm all set to have a nice relaxing week.

On that note, thank heaven for fathers. I got to be lazy today after an intense birthday weekend (I made TWO, count 'em TWO cakes in two days. I've never done that before). Cort was great, and made me breakfast in the morning, and took care of the kids all day. So life is pretty good.

And church was great because men filled in all the primary needs so that the primary and YW could relax and go to Relief Society for a change. So it was a good day. Ethan was born the Tues before Mother's Day, so every year, I have motherhood keenly on the brain, and while I usually list my shortcomings, we had some laughs, and are excited for my 4th installment of motherhood, coming in just a few weeks.
----
Oh, and the baby birds were born yesterday! Of course, her due date was before mine.

1 comment:

Brigette said...

I so love your posts, Corey! Glad to hear it was a great Mother's Day - and so neat to see these newborn baby robins. Happy Mother's Day!