Tuesday, November 11, 2008

you are my giggle


Today, after I made milkshakes for desserts, Elliot exclaimed, "Uchdorf! This is good!" He'd been sortof saying it all day -- "Uchdorf! We get to watch TV!" and the like, but I hadn't really been cognizant of what he'd been saying until that moment in the kitchen, and we all laughed like crazy. Dieter Uchdorf is one of the new members of the Presidency of the LDS Church. Cort said the kids get bonus points if they use the phrase during primary on Sunday. "Uchdorf! What a great sharing time that was!" So then we brainstormed church leaders' last names to use as negative exclamations. Ethan hooked onto "Hales" but when he said, "Hales, I'm sick of this!" I thought it was too close to a southern drawl of a real exclamation, and we had to stop our game, before the children 'reached their fun limit.'

4 comments:

Brigette said...

I LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing this moment - cracks me up. Our whole family says "Newman" when something not so good happens - a constant homage to Seinfeld. Wonder what phrase will come out of The Office? Besides... 'that's what she said'! Uchdorf indeed!

Brigette said...

ok - I commented before you had posted pictures last night - so I had to say, SWEET KID-DOS!

anna said...

Your kids are so funny. and so sweet. That is the best picture. I hope you blow it up and put it somewhere that will make you happy when you need some happy thoughts. (especially when you need happy thoughts towards your kids :)

By the way, I forgot to say this, but I really miss the old playlist with David Archuletta and Brooke White. I used to put that on repeat and listen to it all day. (Because I am cool like that.) Now I have to listen to them on youtube and cannot play them consecutively.

Kelly and Kimberly said...

Oh. My. Beautiful children.