Sunday, May 9, 2010

thank heavens for little girls...


... who like hair cuts. Best mother's day gift by a long shot -- Claire sat on the stool before Cort left for early morning church meetings and said, "Bye Daddy. Mommy's going to cut my hair like hers!" Totally her idea. In fact, she came up with it a few days ago, and I objected, telling her to think it over. Gone are the arguments over brushing rats' nests, ponytails, and hold still for braiding. I am so glad she decided this, because it's been something I've been wishing for a long time.

This is some major long hair. I think I took off a good 6 inches.She laughed with each snip of the scissors. She's never had her hair in all the same length before (except for the bangs in front of course).
Wish I'd gotten a shot of her looking into the mirror. But before I gave her the mirror, I thought she'd be a little upset, so I said, "Your hair grows so fast. It will be long again soon." She looked into the mirror, then burst into tears. I said, "Don't you like it?" She said, "It's gonna get long again?!? I don't ever want it to look different than right now."
Claire wanted me to take a picture of the boys' reaction. She was disappointed -- no one fainted.What a gorgeous girl.

3 comments:

jenny said...

Looks great! I've been threatening to do the exact same thing to Abby. Maybe this will give me a push! She rarely let's me brush her hair, but when she does let me do it, it is so much easier to braid when it is long. Too bad that only happens once a week - but, if I'm lucky, it will last for 2-3 days! :)

kaye said...

Very cute and kudos to the barber

Cagney and Laci said...

your kids have so much sass, just like their momma