Monday, May 17, 2010

more rainbows in the high desert air

These are the cactus flowers in front of my house. I only knew I hated this cactus patch because it scared me to think of the kids hurting themselves with it. Then last year in May it bloomed for like 3 days, and I missed taking a picture of the flowers. I waited all year for them to come back because they are so beautiful. I think there's something poetic in such beauty coming from a plain old ugly cactus. Hooray -- they bloomed on Mother's Day.


2 comments:

Vicki said...

Just caught up on your "kids say the darnedest" --
So fun to see what fun characters come from a genius dad and a mom with a super sense of humor (who's not to shabby in the smarts area herself ;)
Love it!

Carrie said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see you soon.