Saturday, March 27, 2010

our wicked awesome vacation

As much as we LOVE





...how can we possibly resist the good old days?
FamilyCousins! These four were inseparable -- we didn't see/talk to our two oldest much until the plane ride home
Claire and Uncle Rhett totally bonded. She tells us daily how she misses "Patty and Wreck."

our old view
our old apartment
old school
friends
Carla -- the best boss, house manager, and friend ever

Mary the postal worker -- one of our favorite Boston natives -- we love her! We exchange Christmas cards ever since we left

The Wilsons -- this is love. They drove up for Sunday brunch with us, drove 2 hours up from CT -- just to spend 1.5 hours with us at ABP. Amazing beautiful people. We love them.
Elizabeth gave us a sneak peak at her Belmont home, in the process of building

I fell into a pile of 2x4s (to be expected) only a couple of times. It was 1:30AM!!

visiting our old apartment
our kitchen... ok I don't miss this
the view of our old apartment building through my tears. No just kidding -- it rained for about 72 hours straight. I actually loved all the rain. My brother and sister in law, not so much. 7 inches of standing water in their basement.

Mostly we loved visiting our old stomping grounds




getting lost in Chinatown
Faneuil Hall
Boston Common
the Public Garden
Make Way for Ducklings

9/11 memorial
Frog Pond Playground
Freedom Trail
the old State housecool old Granary cemetary
Frog Pond ice rink
This is so classic Boston -- in that it's a weird, quirky experience that is once in a lifetime. A severely handicapped man was flying a kite in Boston Common using a fishing pole. For a donation fee, the kids held the fishing pole and flew a kite in Boston Common.Can you find the kite?Such a wonderful sweet man. Loved talking to us.great sites like this -- a pizza delivery bike (for the best pizza in the city)
ye olde Harvard bridgeour beloved chapel sans steeple -- burned in April 2009 -- in process of reconstructing


the beautiful window that used to light up the chapel, now is boarded up, but the sun gave me a sense of warmth and hope
LA Burdick -- best hot chocolate ever -- didn't have time to stop this time... argh!

and yet, our last stop was Mexican food at our old favorite restaurant in Harvard Square
We can't live for a week without enchiladas. I suppose we're happy to be back where we are... for now!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Corey, so glad you got to vacation there! The pictures are great and make me miss it so much!

Niki said...

It all brings back so many memories. I remember Carla and the mail lady as well as many other sites. Thanks for sharing.

Brigette said...

I think we'll be having enchiladas tonight for dinner! YUM! It makes me happy that you guys got to go visit in Boston - I love going to visit where we used to live - there's a certain comfort that comes with visiting -- you can't find it doing anything else!

In regards to your blah-g comment - we'd love to get together anytime! A big hug to you!

huktopt - that's the word verification for this comment - I think I'm going to make my own language out of all the word verif's - hmmm