Thursday, September 24, 2009

Kids Say the Darnedest...

I know, I know, I've been horrible about my Kids Say... column, but believe me, they keep coming; I'm just too frazzled to write them down. Here's a beauty from each of the three:

Ethan and I were talking about his future LDS mission, and I told him how infrequently missionaries call their parents. And Ethan indignantly retorted: "Twice a year? That's unconstitutional!"
--------------------------------------

Elliot, Ethan, and Cort were playing Jedis in the backyard, light saber battle. In the heat of battle here was the exchange:

Elliot, calmly: I can see you've had a lot of piano practice.

Ethan and Dad exchange a look, laughing: What is that supposed to mean?

Elliot (attacks, with a huge smile): AND NOT MUCH LIGHT SABER PRACTICE!!
--------------------------------------

Claire's favorite line from West Side Story: "Bottles, knives, guns. What a coup full of chickens." She says it every chance she gets.

1 comment:

Joy said...

There it is again, the girl vs boys thing. Joseph's (3 last week) current favorite line is "Eeeeeeeek!!!!" - a shriek he lets loose with anytime he realizes he's supposed to be quiet. Like during prayer. Or the sacrament.