When I was pregnant with Ethan, we would push on my belly and Ethan would respond accordingly with a gentle nudge back. I knew that he would be easy going and affectionate. Right on the money.
When I was pregnant with Elliot, we would push on my belly and Elliot, who had been kicking up a storm, would immediately stop. This would frustrate Ethan and Cort because they didn't often get to feel the monster truck rally going on in my uterus. I knew then that he would be outgoing, gregarious and fun, when he chooses to be and not when it is requested of him. Spot on, if I don't say so myself.
When I was pregnant with Claire, we would push on my belly and Claire was for the most part, pretty quiet. Once it got to month 8-9 she got very tired of her environs and would stretch out completely, pushing on both my bladder and stretching my ribs out. It looked absolutely ridiculous and I couldn't help but yelp in pain, regardless of where I was, whether it be in church or in the grocery store or if it was the middle of the night (thankfully this was the 3rd pregnancy for Cort, too, so he had learned to sleep through anything). This taught me that she would be amiable mostly but when she's had enough, Claire has had enough and we all must comply. Again, exactamundo.
Now that I am pregnant with this little one, today the boys were pushing, and this baby went berserk for five long minutes. Boys thought it was hilarious; I had to take a Pepcid. Ethan said, "Woah, this must be killing you" in between fits of laughter. "Get me outta here" was her battle cry. Yes, I am a little freaked about the next 10 weeks, but I've handled monster truck rallies before. I think she may be impatient and will enjoy putting on a show for her siblings. Not so bad.
I laughed when I read this emailed to me from babycenter today. A difference between girls' and boys' brains? Hmm. Fascinating. At church on Sunday, Claire meticulously colored one page for the entire hour long service, while I still can't get Elliot to put any real effort into coloring anything. Drawing, he loves -- coloring, he despises. However, he was spending the same hour sketching a comic strip of Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles attacking the bad guys which Ethan enjoyed immensely. Bring balance to the force, this upcoming girl will.
4 comments:
i love your pregnancy predictions -- I can't even remember how mine were while they were baking.... Just know they all gave me really bad heartburn... and as much as I would love to be one of those cute ladies who "just adore" being pregnant --- I most definitely do NOT....
Me neither!
Wow, only 10 weeks left. This has been such a fast pregnancy! Where does the time go? Erin had her baby 6 days ago.
indeed mother's know their children -- For me each of our children's personalities has stayed true to their labor & delivery experience.
love the yoda reference...especially after we just spent the last couple days in a Star Wars Marathon!
Post a Comment